Ahhh…October is upon us. You know what that means: FALL! Cooler weather. Pumpkin spice lattes. Cuddling with open windows. Colorful leaves. And the best of all…Well.I.Am Week!
The University Wellness Program‘s main Fall semester event is currently in the works. Below you can find all of the events for this week and all the fun things they entail.
Monday – October 7, 2013:
- Keep Calm & Stress Less in Your Career 5 pm: 1047 Williams Center – Career Services: We all know the hassle that comes with finding a career post graduation. This seminar will give you tips and techniques to stay calm and stress less throughout this ever important process.
- Multicultural Movie: Pariah 6-8 p.m. RU Theater: Think you have it hard? This film is about a Brooklyn teenager who is juggling conflicting identities, friendships, heartbreak, and family in a desperate search for sexual expression. Pariah is an eye opener for everyone. Join us in the RU Theater for this awesome film.
Tuesday – October 8, 2013:
- SOLD Workshop: Facilitating Meetings 5:30 p.m.@ RU 2080: Get your leadership skills on at this event while learning how to facilitate meetings. Almost any career, organization, or club you will be a part of will require meetings. With the skills you learn at this workshop, you’ll be prepared for any leadership position involving facilitating meetings.
- Pilates for Pink 5:30-8:30 p.m. @ RAC: October is breast cancer awareness month and we want you to join in on the great cause! Wear your pink and participate in on of our four offered classes: Pilates for Pink, Shake off Cancer, Spin to Save Second Base, or Strike a Pose Against Cancer.
Wednesday – October 9, 2013:
- HIV Screening – Health Services 10am-2pm RU 2041, 2042, 2048: It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Keep yourself and your partner safe with this free HIV screening.
- Keep Calm & Stress Less in Your Career 6pm: 1047 Williams Center – Career Services
Thursday – October 10, 2013:
- National Depression Screening Day 2-4 p.m. RU 2043: Depression can be tough to face alone, but with the National Depression Screening Day, you won’t have to be. With counselors readily available, you will have plenty of support, we promise!
- University Park Ribbon Cutting Ceremony 3 p.m. – University Park: You can make history! The ribbon cutting ceremony will be the official opening of the University Park Golf Course. Socialize with community and university leaders while being one of the first to see the beautiful new facility.
- Flu Shot Clinic @ RAC – Health Services 3-7 p.m: Are you vaccinated? Well now you can be, for FREE! Be kissable this flu season and get your vaccination now.
- RHA’s Got Talent 7-9 p.m. University Villas: The Residence Hall Association is hosting a talent show! Be prepared to experience everything from dancing, singing, and who knows, maybe some juggling. Go see what kind of talent Georgia Southern has!
Friday – October 11th, 2013:
- Tailgatin’ Block Party 7-9 pm. Paulson Stadium: Join the University Programming Board for a Live Tailgate Show with WTOC News of Savannah! FREE food, great music, FREE giveaways and a FREE outdoor movie!
As you can see, there is something for everyone this week, so go and live WELL this Fall season.