Hello readers. It’s Sherrel again and I can’t believe this semester is finally coming to a close.I know we are all super excited for our summer vacation! We all have had a long semester and are probably feeling the bittersweet feeling of being sad and happy that it’s pretty much over. Spring semester seems to fly by! Fall semester seems like such a drag but after Christmas break it’s like we literally SPRING through the semester.
Finals are upon us and stress levels are at an all-time high. Here are a few tips for when the stress starts to kick in:
- Try taking a deep breath
- Take a few minutes to meditate
- Make sure to take breaks in between studying because you do not want to overload your brain
- Don’t forget to sleep. Sleep is very important. Your body and brain will not be able to function if you do not give it a chance to rest.
You’ve worked hard all semester! YOU GOT THIS!
We have gone through so much these past 5 months.
In January it still felt like September. I don’t know about you but I was still at the pool soaking up the sun and taking beach trips… IN JANUARY! I know our neighbors to the north were very jealous (insert hair flip). It got cold for a little bit but the it warmed right back up so I think that it’s say to say that winter did not happen this year. Maybe next year we’ll get to wear our cute sweaters and boots. Let’s talk about the tornado that shut down campus. WOW! That was a much needed two days off! Now here we are approaching May and the scorching heat that comes along with Summer in the Boro!
Here are a few summertime tips from me to you:
- Make sure to stay hydrated! It will be hot! Fruit infused water is the best way to go. Mint leaves and strawberries are my favorite. You can never go wrong. All you need is water and fruit and BAM!
- Have fun! Go out and do things that you’ve always wanted to do. Make a Summer 2017 Bucket List for you and a few friends. Learn something new! Meet new People! Pinterest has so many great ideas! If you have a boring day look on Pinterest and I guarantee it will turn your day around
- Exercise! The RAC won’t be overcrowded like it is after winter break! With finals finally over you will actually have time to enjoy our beautiful RAC and get your physical wellness on!
I hope everyone had a wonderful semester and has an even better summer! It’s the best time to let our bodies recuperate. Remember, Be Well, Do Well.
Thanks for reading! -Sherrel